Process for Rolling admissions (current school year) or regular admissions:
- Attend Acera Information Session
- Submit all application materials
- Parent Interview is arranged by Admissions. After the parent meeting, child visit is scheduled if admission is likely.
- Student visit to the school for one full day for September admissions, three full days for rolling admissions.
Commitment & Tuition
- Current Student re-enrollment occurs by February 17, 2017
- New Student enrollment occurs by March 31, 2017
- 1/3 tuition deposit is due by March 31, 2017 to hold your child’s spot
- Tuition for 2016/2017 is $17,900 for Elementary students and $18,800 for Middle School Students; in addition each family must provide a current Apple laptop for its child (grade 2 and up); a used model is often acceptable
- Payment Schedule: additional 1/3 of tuition is due by August 1; final 1/3 is due December 1
- Application Form, by parent
- Assessment testing, preferably WISC – IV or WISC-V (or other, as dictated by age & student profile)
- Two Recommendations: One from a current-year teacher, a second one from another teacher or adult of choice who is not a family member. Both recommendations must be written using the form above, and must be sent to Admissions directly from the Author. Recommendations sent through the parents will not be accepted.
- Samples of current work
- Child statement about why he or she would like to go to Acera (for students entering grades 6-8 only)
Parent Cooperative Expectations
As part of the school, parents are expected to help as volunteers in substantive ways towards enabling the school’s success. Parents’ interests, talents, and capacity to help will be thoughtfully aligned with the schools’ needs.