Acera always has been, and still is, a true start up, without the profit reward but instead with the reward of students who have found a sense of place and a sense of self, where they can live without apology in their startling skill, robust creativity and exuberance.
Like most independent schools, tuition does not cover our entire budget. In order to provide our students an education in which they truly thrive, Acera relies on the generous donations of the community, collaborators, families and friends of Acera. For more information on Acera’s annual fund campaign, Drive to Thrive, or to make an appointment to talk with Trent further about the specifics of Acera’s finances and fundraising plan, please email Trent at email@example.com.
Help Acera thrive with a gift today—every dollar counts!
To make a donation by cash or check, to make a pledge or to arrange for automatic monthly deductions from your debit or credit card, please contact Trent Ramsey, Director of Strategic Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-558-4509.
In addition to the generous donations of friends and collaborators of Acera, we rely on the generosity of our families to support the following fundraising initiatives:
- Drive to Thrive, Acera’s Annual Fund. Every year, for just under two months, Acera families, staff, and trustees work together to raise money for the Annual Fund, which is fundamental to the operating budget of Acera. We strive for 100% participation by staff, families and the board of directors.
- Love to Learn Fundraising Event. In addition to the Annual Fund, Acera hosts one evening a year when families, friends, and collaborators come together for an evening of food, drink, socializing, and fundraising for the mission of our school.
These combined efforts help provide our students and the community with a dynamic inquiry-based educational experience and opportunities that go far beyond our building.
Other Ways To Give:
In addition to donating funds to Acera School in person or on our website, there are several other ways to give to the school, such as:
- Gifts of Stock: If you contribute appreciated securities to Acera School, you receive a two-fold income tax benefit: a charitable deduction for the present fair market value and no capital gains tax on the appreciation.
- Matching Gifts: Talk with your employer about their matching gift program. They may be able to help you double or triple the amount of your contribution! Email Mani at Acera (email@example.com) for assistance in setting up Acera as a recipient for matching funds from your employer.
- Honorary and Memorial Gifts: Gifts made in honor or memory of a student, faculty member, staff or friend are gratefully accepted.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Donating property to Acera School allows you to avoid tax on the appreciation in value and receive a current charitable deduction on your income taxes.
- Bequests: Remembering Acera School in your will through a charitable bequest reduces the amount of your estate that is subject to estate tax.
- Charitable Trusts: When you create a charitable remainder trust, you guarantee a gift to Acera in the future. In return, you receive both an annual income from the assets you use to fund the trust and an immediate tax deduction. A charitable lead trust works the opposite way. Acera would receive an annual income stream from the trust assets for a period of time, then the remainder goes to your heirs.
For information on these methods or assistance with handling one of these requests, please email Trent at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 781.558.4509.
Acera School is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions made to Acera are tax-deductible (Acera School Federal Tax ID: 32-0303877).
Thank you for your support!
Trent Ramsey, Director of Strategic Advancement
Office: 781.729.3489/Cell: 781.558.4509