Acera, the Massachusetts School of Science, Creativity and Leadership, is a progressive non-profit STEAM school serving high-ability students in grades K through 8th. At Acera, students learn by ability, not age; in a supportive, energetic environment, enabled by highly motivated, experienced teacher-entrepreneurs.
Our mission is to:
- Engage each child in project-based, contextual learning across disciplines.
- Inspire students to become the problem-solvers, innovators, creative thinkers and leaders of tomorrow.
- Create a microcosm of what is possible in education.
- Engage communities in a new dialogue about innovation, creativity and joy in STEAM education.
Acera was founded in 2010 with 30 students. In 2013, the school found a permanent home at 5 Lowell Ave in Winchester and currently serves 116 students. Our state-of-the-art facility includes a MakerSpace and a fully equipped science lab.
Throughout the year, we offer many engaging events open to the public, like our Innovator Symposium and open forums. In 2016 we are participating in the Cambridge Science Festival.
- School hours 8:45 am – 3:00 pm; available after school programs extend to 6:00 pm
- Location: Winchester, MA
- 2016-2017 tuition: $17,900 for elementary students, $18,800 for middle school. For all new students there is a one-time build-out fee to help pay for building out and maintaining our school. Students in grades 2 and above must also supply their own Apple laptop for daily use.