Who Should Apply?
We believe in a multiple intelligences approach to defining giftedness. We have created this school as an alternative for students whose needs may not be met in their current school environment. Depending upon the type of student, different assessments and criteria may apply. The goal of the admissions process is to assure that there is a match between the student’s needs and what the school offers. Achievement and/or ability testing will help you define the right path for your child’s education. Submission of these and other assessments helps us to understand each student’s needs and alignment with Acera’s mission. We require a WISC-IV to be included with each application. Please include other achievement tests or portfolio information you would like us to take into consideration.
- A student may qualify for admission to Acera by any of the criteria below:
- Score at 130 or above on any standardized IQ test administered by a professional (whole or subscale scores are acceptable).
- Score between 95% and 99% on state and/or national achievement tests in three or more subject areas.
- Demonstrate, via creativity and/or visual / spatial assessments and student work, creative giftedness (music, art, or other).
- Perform 3 grade levels above age-based expectations in one subject, or 2 grade levels above expectations in three or more subjects.