Who Should Apply?
We believe in a multiple intelligences approach to defining giftedness. We have created this school as an alternative for students whose needs may not be met in their current school environment. Depending upon the type of student, different assessments and criteria may apply. The goal of the admissions process is to assure that there is a match between the student’s needs and what the school offers. Achievement and/or ability testing will help you define the right path for your child’s education. Submission of these and other assessments helps us to understand each student’s needs and alignment with Acera’s mission. We require a WISC-IV or WISC-V to be included with each application. Please include other achievement tests or portfolio information you would like us to take into consideration.
In order to be considered for admission, a student must:
- Score at 130 or above on any standardized IQ test administered by a professional (whole or subscale scores are acceptable).
Other factors that may be at play, depending upon each individual student’s unique profile are:
- A score between 95% and 99% on state and/or national achievement tests in three or more subject areas.
- Demonstration of, via creativity and/or visual / spatial assessments and student work, creative giftedness (music, art, or other).
- Performance 3 grade levels above age-based expectations in one subject, or 2 grade levels above expectations in three or more subjects.
Upcoming Open House:
Prospective students and families are welcome to attend an Open House on the following date:
Saturday, January 7, 2017 from 10:00am-12:00pm
Upcoming Acera School Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 7:30-9:30pm
- Thursday, January 12, 2017, 9:30-11:30am
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 7:30-9:30pm
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 9:30-11:30am
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 7:30-9:30pm
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 9:30-11:30am
- Thursday, June 1, 2017, 7:30-9:30pm
- Thursday, July 13, 2017, 9:30-11:30am
Information sessions are intended for parents, guardians, and other adults who would like to learn more about Acera.
What to Expect
Come meet Courtney Dickinson, founder and director of the Acera School
A presentation and Q&A session about Acera: Find out why our students are so happy to come to school every day, why our school is growing so steadily, and what makes Acera so unique among schools for gifted children.