Good news: Our Summer 2018 STEAM camp schedule is up! Browse through 161 amazing offerings. Yes, that’s right, 161 morning, afternoon or full day programs. Because, you know, who wants to do the same thing every week?!
While we finish session descriptions and our registration form, you can browse through titles & age ranges and start making plans. The good news is that you will be able to register and pay online this year. (Click here to go straight to our Summer Program Page.)
Our STEAM camp will run from June 11 to August 24, 2018 (NOTE: No camp during the week of July 4th.) Registration will open by Monday, Feb. 5, 2018. (Also check out our February vacation program!)
We will have all your favorites, from wood shop & engineering sessions with Ms. Marie and Mr. Josh to Songwriting & Music Video Making with Mr. Anthony to Outdoor Survival & Metal Casting with Mr. Mark to Robotics, Toy Hacking & Fashion Tech in the SEEDS Studiolab to the Physics of Projectiles & Flying Machines with Mr. Adam — and, of course, Raft Building! After a successful pilot last year, we will also have some favorites — such as Woodworking Jr. — and a few new offerings for students 5-7 years old.
New this summer:
- Chemistry: Become A Potions Master (7-10): What we can all learn from Severus Snape — a Harry Potter-inspired week of chemistry experimentation and fun.
- Make An Origami Chair With Flair (10-15): Where students can build an Origami-inspired chair out of renewable resources, learning 3D design principles with our resident architect Estee Hill.
- Build Your Own Pinball Machine (8-12): Where students will build a pinball machine in the wood shop with Ms. Marie in the morning, and design and add electronic components, including lights, in the afternoon with Ms. Alisha.
- Plus Introduction to 3D Design & Printing, Enchanted Electronics, Make A Musical in Scratch, Space Explorations, The Science of Wood, Physical Computing Clubhouse, Studio Photography, Comedy Productions, Dance: Hip Hop & Choreography, Aliens in Space: Exobiology and many more!
- GirlPower Series (10-15): Girls-only STEM skill-building, artistic expression and leadership via offerings in Programming, Fashion Tech, Women’s History & More
- Food Systems Series: Children learn about historical, scientific, and cultural meanings of food while exploring spices, chocolate, cooking and design growing structures for a real world urban farm
Find out more more in the Enrichment Section of our website.